Organizations have been using Agile methodologies for years to deliver more value to their customers in less time. Most organizations are complex systems, large-scale, multi-team Agile project team that require collaboration and coordination across multiple delivery teams. This course will show you how SAFe® framework help organizations connect the power of Agile across delivery teams and your full organization.
SAFe® defines an approach for scaling Scrum to an enterprise level and dealing with some of the challenges at that level that a team-level process based on Scrum does not address. In this course, you will gain the knowledge necessary to lead an enterprise agile transformation by leveraging the Scaled Agile Framework, with its underlying principles of lean thinking, and product development flow. You will leave with an understanding of how the principles and practices of the framework support Lean Thinking, Agile Development, SAFe ScrumXP, Agile Release Train, Agile Portfolio Management, Agile Architecture, and Scaling Leadership.
This two-day course teaches the Lean-Agile principles and practices of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®). You’ll learn how to execute and release value through Agile Release Trains, how to build an Agile Portfolio, and how to lead a Lean-Agile transformation at enterprise scale. You will gain an understanding of the Lean-Agile mindset and how to apply the principles and practices of SAFe® to support Agile teams, programs, program portfolio management, and to coordinate large Value Streams.
Attending the class also prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Agilist (SA).
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe® to scale Lean and Agile development in your enterprise
- Support the execution of Agile Release Trains
- Coordinate large Value Streams
- Manage a Lean-Agile Portfolio
- Align the organization to a common process model
- Configure the Framework for your context
- Unlock the intrinsic motivation of knowledge workers
- Support a Lean-Agile transformation in your enterprise
- Enhance your Lean-Agile leadership skills
- Recognize and apply a Lean-Agile Mindset and principles
- Continuously explore, integrate, deploy, and release value